Saturday, September 17, 2011

Fox Jump - a work in acrylic and thread



My First Finished Artwork as Mary B. Highstreet!

Not sure where I am going with this series yet, but this is the idea for a new series of artworks I want to embark on - when I started this idea I was going for something modern and simple, juxtaposing a single action with action lines.  Much like a piece of music, I can hear Mozart's Symphony No. 25 in G. Minor starting as I see this jump take place.

I first created a rough sketch of the fox then added the lines spontaneously catching the rhythms and emotions I saw in the fox.  I then painted the fox on another paper, and threaded colors through the lines.

The colors I chose reminded me of a wild stream and silver fish!  What do they remind you of?

 Check back for more on this series!!

And be sure to check out my new BLOG on www.maryhighstreet.blogspot.com!






No comments:

Post a Comment